Volunteer members of the Sheriff Citizen Patrol supports the Sheriffs office with fingerprinting services for a variety of needs as well as the Concealed Weapon Permit applications.
Fingerprinting is available by appointment between 10 am and 3 pm on the second and fourth Monday of each month.
CPL renewals or replacements are done 10 am to 3 pm on the second and fourth Monday of each month on a walk-in basis when a clerk is present or online (to include a small convenience fee).
Island County Sheriff's East Precinct
121 North East Camano Drive
Camano Island, WA 98282
Please note that we are unable to accommodate walk-ins at this time, and same-day appointments are not available.Apply online
to complete your application and schedule an appointment or call 360-678-4422, ext. 5 during business hours for an appointment. Applications submitted online includes a small convenience fee. However, kiosks are available at our locations if needed (no service fee).General Information
Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the firearm is to be used.
In Washington State, law enforcement agencies are required to follow local, state and federal guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for issuing Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPLs). Due to the detailed nature involved in conducting these background checks, processing times can take up to 30 days (up to 60 days for applicants residing out of state). You will be notified when all required background checks have been completed.
- For an ORIGINAL CPL, you will be asked to schedule a fingerprint appointment.
- If you are applying for a CPL RENEWAL, you may not apply until 90 days prior to the expiration date shown on your current CPL.
- LATE RENEWAL applications will be accepted up to 90 days after the expiration date shown on the current CPL. If you are applying after 90 days of expiration you will have to apply using the original CPL Application.
- If you have an Island County address or an out of state resident and your Washington State CPL is lost, stolen or destroyed, you may apply for a REPLACEMENT CPL from the Island County Sheriff's Office regardless of where your CPL was originally issued if you are currently a resident in the county of Island.
|Type of Permit||Fee|
|Replacement CPL||$10.00 |
- For credit card transactions a nominal credit card transaction fee will be charged for each transaction. Charges will be viewable prior to transaction completion.
Additional information can be found here: https://islandwa.permitium.com/ccw/start